Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Back to school

So, since I've started thinking about going back to school, I really cant seem to get it out of my head. The more I think about it, the more I want to do it, and the more I think about it, and want to do it, the more I worry about failing. Then of course there is that worry, what if I cant get a job, what if I do get a job, and find I cant do the job, what if I get a job, and then everything goes out of business....I think I'm starting to over think things. I guess I should just wait for my information to come in the mail so that I can sit down, and look over everything rationally, and make a grown up decision.

Sometimes I wonder if maybe the reason I'm 32 years old, and only just now thinking about college is because once I started working, I wasn't allowed to stop as a teenager in high school. I wonder if the fact that I had to put working first, and high school education second played a roll in this. Had I been encouraged in my schooling and studies better, would I have actually gone on to college, instead of dropping out, and getting married, and then just doing a home study course to get my high school diploma. (well, at least I did get a high school education/diploma)  

Am I unhappy??? No, not at all, I have a wonderful husband, a house, that does need some work, but we are slowly getting there with it...we have 3 great dogs...we have food, clothes, all the necessary stuff. And yes that is enough, but it would be nice to have a padded checking account. I wont lie about that. It would be nice to have one less bill to pay...and it would be nice to be able to trade in some cars for one that's not to the point where everything is just worn out and is having to be replaced at a steady rate.  Right now though, this is the way it is for a lot of people though. So I guess we fit in with the standard American way of living.  Do I want to be rich??? Well who doesn't dream about it, but I'm sure it wouldn't make me any happier than I am right now.

But back to the beginning, am I worrying to much about something that will help me to better myself, and possibly help us out when it comes time to retire??? I don't know, I cant rightly say, but I do know, its now or never.

No comments:

Post a Comment