Sunday, August 19, 2012

Inspiration

Crochet inspiration I find comes from many different places.  From watching cartoons with the dogs, to a walk in the park. I have so many idea's in this brain of mine for patterns, that I can never ever seem to get them all written down.  One of my dreams in life is to be a published crochet designer. Lately I've been working on what I like to call scrubby kitchen helpers.  I still have the Amish doll in the works. I truly need to get back to work on her. I know she is going to be adorable when she is finished, its just a matter of getting back to it. I may work on her some this morning. I think the part I'm going to have the hardest time with is the bonnet part. I love the fact that I'm not going to have to worry about putting a face on her, sticking with the rules of the Amish dolls.

One of the things I think would be adorable, and very time consuming, is crocheting replica's of each of my pups. The faces will probably be the biggest challenge with their markings. What would be really fun, is if I did them life size! LOL I can see that now!!! How cute that would be.  (and expensive! LOL)

I got my new Annie's catalog in the mail. Its full of some beautiful knit patterns that make me wish I could do more than just dishcloths and scarves! (I have a scarf on the knitting needles right now in redskins colors) I am faster at knitting than I used to be, so it wont take me as long to get this scarf done as scarves in the past have taken me. I do like the new red heart team spirit yarn. Its self striping, and I have to say, the stripes work up really awesome!  Self Striping yarn really is a lot of fun if you get the right kind.  Hobby Lobby  has some beautiful self striping yarn. It makes for a fun pattern if your doing a blanket too. It doesn't exactly come out striped, but is really cute! I may have to make a scarf out of it to see how that works up.

Another thing that I find inspiring and wonderful is the fact that Nikki's medicine is really working well. The proin that she is on for her leaky bladder has worked out so well! I don't have to cover the couch any more for protection.  The carpet is stained passed the point of no return, but that can be replaced in a couple of years.  Her Alzheimer's medicine is working well too.  She's almost like a puppy at times. Then again, it could be part of the disease, but I like it better than her being lost and confused in the house all the time. She still follows me around like a lost soul, but its not so bad. She has even started playing with the boys outside. Unfortunately this means I have to keep a closer eye on her when we are outside, because I think she tends to forget her joint problems, and she will keep going sometimes.  I have to watch for her to start limping. Her back hips are not in good shape. Her front legs are getting bad too, but not as bad as her back.

Well, its almost 5:30 AM, so I had better run spell check and go set out some hamburger to thaw for my grandpa's dinner! Have a great rest of the day everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment