Friday, December 14, 2012

No Words

There are no words for what I have been seeing on the news. There are no words to describe how those families that lost those little children are feeling, I can't even comprehend myself how somebody anybody could do such a thing. When I herd this on the news this evening, it made me pause, and hope that what I was hearing was wrong, that this just did not happen...

I have already been having a hard time getting the right feelings I need for Christmas this year, this just kills it for me. Even my mother in law doesn't want to do Christmas this year, she would rather just have a family dinner and nothing else. After today, I just want to take down my tree, and put it away for the year, and just pretend that it doesn't exist. Christ has already been fully removed from Christmas in the stores, and on the television...the commercials have been saying Christmas isn't about the giving, its about the getting...and I fear that the children that are seeing these commercials fully believe it, especially considering there are year round reasons to "get".

My thoughts and prayers are going out to those families that have lived through this horror. And to those children who saw what they have seen today, and I just pray with all my heart that they can get past this, and will never have to live through something like this ever again, that they will be able to walk through those school doors without fear, and dread, and worry, and tears...that the teachers can find comfort, and can stay strong and brave, and that they gov't stops trying to find a connection between all of these school shootings, because they wont find the connection they are looking for, because they wont like the answer...I fully and 100% believe that its because they took God out of the schools.

That's all I can say on this matter because I cry as I type this blog, and cannot continue on with it right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment