Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sewing, Crocheting, and Worm Farming

Well, I'm back to working on getting those adorable little dresses sewn to sell on Etsy. The quilting class I took put me off of sewing for a while, but I'm back on track, and over the last 2 days, have spent several hours on getting them sewn. I must say, its been nice to be kind of busy.

I came up with a fun idea for my scrap fabric. I'm going to make rag dolls out of the scraps, and crochet little dresses or sweaters for them to wear. Then I'll pick a color out of the fabric that I made their body out of to do their hair. I really think they will be kind of cute. I'm not quite sure how much I will charge for them yet. I think it depends on how long it takes me to make each doll. I'll decide from that.

The worm farm, at this point in time really isn't taking up much time at all. I Just have to check them once a day to make sure that everything isn't drying out, if it is, I take my little spray bottle, and add some moisture to it, put the lid back on and go. I don't have enough worms yet for them to be eating too fast, so I may only be feeding them once a week, or less often than that for now.

Its supposed to get up to 79 today...wow, I love this crazy fall weather!!! Sam and Jasper are outside right now while its still cool. I went ahead and switched the heat off so that it doesn't get hot in here today. I'm hoping not to have to turn the AC on. I think we can live without it for today.

Frank is off until Weds!!! Hooray, its what I like to call a second chance Vacation. I'm hoping he doesn't get called in to do runs to awfully much, but I guess we will see.

I have to say, its been really sucky only having one car. I haven't been able to do my crochet stuff with Lindsey because of all of the running back and forth and to different places. I really miss it. We have some great talks and laughs. I'm hoping we get the other car back soon so that we can start some other projects!!!! (like the dog stockings!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment