Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Granny Square

The granny square is my favorite thing to crochet in this whole wide world. I know that sounds funny to some of you, but maybe those of you who have been crocheting for many years can understand my love for this simple square that can be used for so many things. It can be used in blankets, clothes, home decor, and for just so many things.  It can be made in many different sizes, and some even love to just make one giant square, like my pal Lindsey who has made some absolutely beautiful blankets using this technique.

But for those of you who can read patterns, here is the basic pattern. You can use any weight yarn, and any size hook, it just depends on what you want to do with it.

Here are some links to some great how to sites.

this first one has some video's for those of you who are visual learners.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/granny_square.htm

and this one talks about multi colored grannies

http://crochet.about.com/od/learntocrochet/ss/Crochet_Granny_Square.htm

I don't know if you guys will love the Granny as much as I do...but enjoy, and happy hooking!

1 comment: