Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Doesn't feel like Wednesday

Wow, for some reason, it doesn't really feel like it should be Weds just yet. maybe its because Frank was off the last 2 days and they just kind of flew by, or maybe its because he pretty much so slept most of Monday away because of working the night shift, and then getting himself turned around on Tuesday, either way, its Weds!

Well, we got the first part of our Worm Farm set up. Right now we have the Canadian Night Crawlers all set up, and in a nice dark corner. I thought that I was going to put them outside, but it turns out that they do not handle heat well, so, they will be hear in the house.  That doesn't really bother me because they dont have a smell to them or anything. When I checked on them this morning to make sure they were alright and didn't die from the shock of going from a small container into a nice roomy one with lots and lots of food to eat, and poop, and make little worm Babies in, I found that not only were they very active, but some of them made their way on top of the news paper in there and were indeed making little worm babies. YAY!!! (somehow Worm sex does not really look all that fun...lol)

We have our containers ready for the red wigglers once they arrive. We ordered some of them to be delivered. Much easier than trying to dig them up. We ordered 2 packs with 1800 worms in each of them, so I need to go and get 3 more containers. 2 of them will be because we will need 2 seperate wiggler habitats, and the other will be extra for when we have to swap the worms out to harvest their poo. ( I like to call it black gold! LOL) The exciting part is, the Reds will eat their weight in food, so we have about 2 pounds of reds coming, so that means they will eat 2 pounds of food a day, (not that hard to feed them either) and will poop about 2 pounds of food a day, which means we will maybe be able to harvest once a week, we'll have to see I guess.  In my head I have big plans for our worm farm, but in reality I know its not going to work that way! Its always more fun to dream and plan big in your head than what the reality of things are!!!

Since the worm farming doesn't take up that much time, it still leaves lots of time for crocheting. That means that I got 3 more sets of the hat and diapers finished last night. I started on a red set this morning, but probably wont get it done until later because I had to start washing bed lennons so that I can get them out on the line, and back in this evening, AND I'm going out with my mom today. Really I'd rather just go back to bed for a while, but I don't see that happening.

Well thats about all of my excitment for today! I just need to remember to take my cards for www.2comfort2hope.blogspot.com  so that I can share them around.  In fact, I'm going to put them in my line of site so that I do not forget them! I keep them on the table, but somehow our kitchen table has kind of turned into a drop all!!! LOL...well have a great day everybody!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment