Monday, July 2, 2012

July, Heat, and Crochet

So I'm going to start out by saying that I cannot believe that its July already. This year is just blowing by, and is not waiting for anybody!  Frank and I went to a cook out on Saturday night. That was fun. We saw a lot of people we had not seen in a really long time...of course there had to be that one person who had to ask the question...So, how many kids do you have now? It should have been obvious seeing as we didn't have any children with us...and seeing as there was a lot of kids there if we would have had children they would have been there with us.

Wow, it got really really hot all at once. I mean its been gradually warming up, but man, this is some insane heat! We went back to my grandpa's yesterday (Sunday) to take him his dinner. Frank was camped out trying to take care of his groundhog situation. I think the groundhogs decided that it was too hot even for them to come out of their holes. Everytime I looked at the thermometer over there the temp would go up. before we left at 4:30 the thermometer read 105.3.  The really insane part was the fact that the receptor was in the shade. I can only imagine what it would have read if it was sitting in the sun.  Friday this extreme hot weather caused one heck of a crazy thunder storm that caused a lot of damage. I have never ever seen a thunder storm cause so much damage. In fact Frank and I were driving home through that storm, and I can tell you right now I would rather drive in a blizzard than that ever again.

So, Lindsey and I went on a girls day out on Saturday. We hit some really awesome craft stores. I got 2 new books, and a bunch of yarn! (oh how I love yarn) Right now I'm working on a rippled afghan which was originally going to be for me, but is now a wedding gift! I'm not very far in, maybe about 25-30 rows. I know is so pretty its going to be hard to give away!

Sam goes to the groomers today. It will be the first time he's been to a groomer. I really hope they can handle him. He's a bit of a mouthy thing when he's not happy. I'm fairly certain he's going to tell them exactly how he's feeling. I know when he was at the animal hospital they said when he wasn't sleeping he was talking....the entire time. I think they were glad to be rid of him!  The fun part today is going to be getting Sam in his harness and out the door without Jasper and Nikki trying to get out the door. Its supposed to be another scorcher, and I dont want my kids out if they dont have to be.  Especially Nikki. she doesn't do weather too well in her old age. It probably doesn't help that I have turned her into such a princess.

I have 2 good size bowls of green beans that I need to get prepped for either canning of freezing. I'm not sure yet which. I know I need to hurry up and make a decision. I dont know how to use the pressure cooker, and Frank is at work, so i'll probably end up freezing the first batch. Thats the only thing I can think to do since I need to do something with them ASAP.

Well I guess I should get off of here, as its 6:30 AM, and Sam has to be at the groomers by 9:30. I need to start getting myself together, and all that good stuff.  Everybody have a great mond

No comments:

Post a Comment