Thursday, July 12, 2012

Time

How do you measure time? Days? Minutes? Seconds?Hours? How do you measure it when there has been a limit put on the time that you have left with somebody that you love? That you know your time is coming to an end. That its going to be time to say a final farewell. Do you dwell on it? Or do you try to make the best of every minute? How do you keep your heart from breaking open and bleeding out knowing what is coming? I don't really think you can.

Today, I took Nikki for a routine vet appointment. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. It seems funny to think about a dog having that, but it can and does happen. She has started loosing weight.  I've known something has been wrong with her for a while, I just wasn't completely able to put my finger on it.  Its progressed a bit further than I would have thought.  I was told that she may have another 6 months left.  So now I have to keep a closer eye on her, and try to make sure that she is actually eating.  I cant let her go outside by herself any more.  I need to comfort her when she gets confused, and make sure she knows that she is loved, and cared for. Frank and I will have to comfort each other, and try to not let her see our tears.

I am starting a scrap book for her. Its going to be pink. I got pretty pages for it, and pretty fun stickers as well. I know that it may sound silly to some, but memories are worth more than money. I want her memories to be preserved in the best way I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment