Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday

Well, Saturday is here, again or already, not sure which. Franks outside mowing the lawn, which hopefully he will be able to get done before it starts to rain. Its not calling for it but it sure as heck looks like it.
Even though Frank is home, and everything, for some reason, Saturdays just seem so empty, and lonly. I mean, I have my house work, and my laundry which I have going right now...and of course the dogs, and my crochet, it just feels like Saturdays are empty and pointless. Its almost lonly. Frank and I dont really do anything any more. We watch a lot of movies, and some times we go shopping together...I mean that is something. It feels like all of our old friends have drifted off. We only have one set of friends who we do anything with.  (Lindsey and Eric of course...they are some of the BEST people I have ever known.)
I cant help but wonder though, what happened to all of my dreams, and my plans that I had when I was a kid.
OK, here is the truth...when I was a kid, I had these big plans...big big big plans. I was going to move to Texas, and live on a Ranch, I'm not quite sure what I had planned to do on the ranch seeing as I'm scared to death of horses. I was going to marry a cowboy,  and cook outside on a big fire pitt.  I was going to go to dances every saturday night, and go to church every sunday, and do all the churchy type things that texas women do. Yup, I was going to be a texan, a cowgirl of sorts...not quite sure what changed all of that...not sure if I just gave up on that dream, or if I just changed my mind....but even now, I would love to go out dancing, or something. But I guess thats kind of out of the question. My husband doesn't like to dance, doesn't like most music that you can dance to, and doesn't really want to do much of anything really. Dont get me wrong, I love him more than life itself, and would do anything for him, I really would, I just dont know where I changed. He does like to go fishing and camping and all of that kind of stuff, and I knew that when I married him, and I even loved it and did it with him, and really did enjoy it...but I dont think I ever told him about my dreams, or anything quite like that, after all I was only a kid when I dreamed these things up....but still, I cant help but wonder on this first Satruday In June, just what did happen to Brandi L. Jensen....did she give up, or just grow up????

No comments:

Post a Comment